This year we have over $25,000 available to award for programs that enhance the educational opportunities for BCSD students. All BCSD staff members are invited to apply.
Current Enrichment Grant Opportunities:
The goal of the Education Foundation Grants is to fund programs/projects which support innovative, imaginative, and enriching experiences for students in the Berea School District.
• These grants are available to BCSD staff members, schools, groups of schools, or groups of staff members.
NEAL AND LYNNETTE KNAUTZ HESCHE WRITING/READING AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION GRANTS ($3,000 available)
The goal of this fund is to provide opportunities for teachers and administrators to develop enrichment activities to promote improved student learning in reading/writing and physical education.
• Eligible opportunities in reading/writing include, but are not limited to classroom activities that promote growth in reading and writing skills and concepts for students of all levels.
• Eligible opportunities in physical education include, but are not limited to classroom activities that promote the physical development of students at all levels.
The goal of the Imagine! Explore the Arts Grant is to provide opportunities for students to nurture their imagination and curiosity, develop creativity, and promote learning through the exploration of the arts. This grant is for supplemental classroom support and does not fund programs or supplies covered by the District.
• Eligible opportunities include, but are not limited to: programs, art shows/displays, field trips, artists in schools, and library books that explore the arts and directly impact students (i.e. teacher training is not eligible). This includes: Architecture, Art Explorations, Art History, Art inclusion for special needs students, Ceramics, Drama, Drawing, Enameling, Music, Painting, Photography, and Visual Effects.
• This grant is available to all District teaching staff and is not limited to art teachers.
The goal of the Makovich & Pusti Enrichment Grant is to expose students to the architectural design of buildings.
• Eligible opportunities include programs associated with architecture. This may include programs, projects, field trips and tours, artists in the schools, and purchase of books or other media for the libraries. Programs must focus primarily on design of buildings and can include historical buildings, periods and styles of architecture, renovation of buildings, and sustainable building design. Design is the creative art of decision making.
• This grant is available to all District teaching staff
The goal of the BHS Class of 1972 Enrichment Grant is to enrich students academically and professionally, to provide students with challenging and rewarding learning experiences, and to enable teachers to prepare and present relevant and meaningful learning opportunities for students in the Berea School District.
The grant should support one or more of the following criteria:
• An experiential learning opportunity for students (Shadowing or Mentoring programs, Guest Speakers, Workshops, Internships, etc.).
• Equipment, materials, and/or supplies for a special educational program when normal funding streams are limited or not available.
• To augment or support community service and volunteerism.
• To celebrate the diversity within our local community.
• To improve and enhance academic achievement for students.
• To support the Arts, Music, Sciences, Mathematics, History, and Reading, when possible.
The grant is for the benefit of Junior High and High School (grades 7-12) classes or student groups, and can be awarded to classroom teachers and/or student group advisors.